FULL CIRCLE

Life tends to happen in circles, ever notice that? Just when you think you have finished something, you are back at the beginning or setting off on a new endeavour, or working at fixing something.  We all create patterns in our behaviour, both good and bad. Dedication and perserverance, also known as LUCK, helps us along the way. After, some crushing losses I stopped writing. I had nothing to say, my heart was completely broken and scattered in shreds on the wind. It has taken several years to feel almost normal.
Some people ask for help, others close shop and retreat into their shells. The waves of grief still crash down at times, but the undertow no longer takes me out to sea. There is a light at the end of the tunnel and new beginnings, right back at the end of what is a new circle of LIFE. You can keep circling back onto sadness, or you can choose to find beauty and joy in tiny or big moments, in each day. Hiking feeds my soul, the woods are a place of beauty. The ocean also feeds my soul, walking on a beach and the sheer massiveness of the ocean reminds me that there is so much more out there...to be seen and experienced, so stop wasting time. If only I were less independent, I probably would have gotten here faster, but we all have our own journey. 

So, here we are back at the end and the beginning. Fall is a great time to make changes, clean house so to speak and while getting ready for Winter is a tangible thing in the North Country, it is not an end, but just another beginning in the circle. Some of our losses are insurmountable. Life is not always sensible as it spins on...



Popular posts from this blog

Mindset

The World goes round & round...ORBIT

New Zip Codes