A Quickie…the Power of Intention

Yup, I know hard to believe a post that may be less than thousands of words from me….it has been an emotional week. Sometimes I hate my job, when I see what the big banks can do to small people. Foreclosure sucks! In a moment many of us are just one step away from a life changing disaster. Hold onto and love the ones you have! 

I think we all intend to be successful or responsible as we grow up. Or, maybe some of us don’t think about the intention in our lives and get stuck in a vortex of missed opportunities, or not so great decisions? 


I find interacting with people who are angry, petty or inflexible, exhausting. My intent is to let go of pre-conceived ideas of why they may be this way, and just listen. I don't know if they hear the intent in the tightness of their words, but my intent can to be try to understand. This week I was inspired to remember kindness and intention, by someone I have not met. We will meet and I feel I already know them.

Stuff doesn’t matter, but having a roof over your head, some take so for granted in their entitled sense of life or in the surety of employment. When you see that homeless person next time…can you see yourself in their eyes? That person could be all of us, if the chips fell differently in life. It hits me in my heart to see injustice, takes days to shake the feeling of sadness for them…still there days later, as I know it must be so painful for them, but I do not like staying in the mode of sadness. Sadness dampens intent. It is real, but sadness can be turned to joy, with intent.

My empathetic malaise with an event I didn’t plan to be witness to, was taking over the last few days, coupled with again a mostly crappy week of rainy, ick weather. So many opportunities to reach outside of yourself when you feel this, I always look for those. Invitations to connect with others, go places or do something for someone else, override the internal absorbing of someone’s (or your own) sadness, like a sponge. Working with my dogs and getting moving brings me immense joy! Closing my eyes and breathing and meditating in the sun sitting on a boulder, brings me joy!


Having an open heart and caring brings me great joy too! It can also welcome sadness. Many people will never know that about you-they see and judge on their own abilities to love and care, or avoid kindness if they equate that with weakness-but that should never change the intent of who you are. It doesn’t change me to know someone else feels this way, even as I feel the pain of knowing someone is not being true to me. My intent is not changed by another's actions.

When I most start to question sincerity or being real, I am reminded that if that is who I am, and want to be, I must be and intend to be. Some who speak behind veiled words, afraid or considering it “correct”…yet so often the words I hear ring false, as their eyes say something different. We can all be afraid or feel exposed at times, so we might protect ourselves with our words. I try to find the sincerity, always giving the benefit of the doubt. My intent is to be real.

Someone needed to tell me about a decision they had to make this week. They waited for the judgement, with a look on their face of worry. Who am I to judge? We all have to make decisions, some we share, some we don't-because we know other's judgments more often than not, come quickly without realizing there is already enough pain for us, in deciding some things. My intent is to ask, not judge or have preconceived ideas of why.

I still have faith that we can all be real, no matter what may happen in that moment. The power of our intention to be who we really are, and love those around us as they really are, never rings false. It is amazing! To be true to your word and live life with intent, there are no questions of who you are. The universe has your proverbial back, as a good friend would. No falsehoods of letting you down. My intent is to forgive.


Today I have an opportunity to show my love that will take effort, but will be totally worth it. Today I intend to breathe in every second of this dry, sunny, beautiful day and go to sleep, with a smile on my face. Today my intent is to make someone else know that they are loved.

Popular posts from this blog

Mindset

The World goes round & round...ORBIT

New Zip Codes