Living Legacies

Love is not for the faint of heart. Sometimes we don't realize just how much we love someone or something, until the threat that they will be gone soon, or they have gone...hits you. The circle of life can really suck. Never gets easy, losing a person you love, or a good dog. 


My old girl, Fflur is not doing well suddenly and my heart is breaking a bit more, each second that the day is long. She has lived in several houses with me, several states...all mark the passage of time and the days of caring and living. Our good dogs never really leave us, but they leave a Mark on our hearts when they are gone. 

I have shed more tears today, not since the loss of my Dad-still so fresh. But, life goes on, the circle of life goes on and we all have our living legacy to fulfill. Hopefully when we are gone, someone remembers us and sheds a tear too. I will miss this good dog when I lose her, just as I do the people I have lost. 

There is always hope in living and loving and continuing a legacy. I hope it is not as soon for my Fflur as I fear, but for now just loving her and not counting days. I wish I could redial time, but life doesn't move forward in counter-clockwise. Go-bye my good dog!

Footnote: We had a good night, both getting some much needed sleep. Fflur is not a tough dog, never has been-but she has always been a strong dog and determined. *This* can't be "fixed",  *it* will not eat her like cancer, but can kill her just the same-hopefully some answers today as we live on! Her eyes are brighter this morning, that is her legacy. God knows I love this good dog!

Popular posts from this blog

Mindset

The World goes round & round...ORBIT

New Zip Codes