Life goes on and on and on...

FFlur age 12
14 years ago, my first Border Collie litter was born. It was not my first litter, my foster rescues years before were and then Aussies. But, just like the people and events in our lives shape and mark time, so do my dogs. Life and Death are the ultimate in give and take. They bring us Joy and they bring us sadness. The happiness of a birthday goes on, as life goes on. 14 in a dog is close to an 80 year old person, not without lumps and bumps and health issues as we all get old...but good to be here for cake! 

In 2 days on the 3rd, will be the 5th anniversary of losing my Mom. Her obituary which I recently read again said she died peacefully, I don't agree-she died still fighting to live and took part of my heart with her. "They" say grief gets easier, still waiting on that. It has been creeping up on me for the last several weeks. Not holding onto grief or giving into the Black Irish melancholy, life goes on! When it unexpectedly  hits, it lays me flat. 

Bright 14 weeks
But, in the Give and Take of life goes on...last year my SoBright was born on this day that otherwise would bring sadness, so it now brings Joy and possibly some bruised body parts from her exuberance! So far, my nose has survived this year. She has a police record for chasing a neighbor's cat, but was forgiven. Like a force of light and power of an intense storm, Bright arrived on earth last year. She reminds me of my Mom, both lovable and infuriating at times, as she does her own thing her way and with no request for validation, just knows she's right, always.  

I miss my Mom, but it seems kind of full circle that the one who instilled my love of dogs, would send me one as her emissary on the day she died. Ha, good one Mom! Bright will get some cake and we are branching out into a new training venue for her, so will be smiling instead of sad this year. Just like choosing not to waste time with people who only take or do not add to your life, sometimes it is a conscious decision to push sadness from your heart-so there is more room for the part that is giving, or joy or kindness. Sadness is honoring a memory, but at a certain point I think it becomes more about us and not them or their memory-so never forgetting the love you may have had for someone, we each find there is a time to move on, as life goes on. On Monday I plan to laugh a lot and play music that she loved, my Mom would be happy.

Tarot and giant Heart rock

June is a good month, I love June! Weather is usually decent in NH, black flies are PIA but go away soon, Hiking etc is on the horizon, so much to do. Lots of dog birthdays for the Talisman family too! In case anyone thinks I don't remember, I think I remember the dog birthdays better than the humans in my life. So, happy early birthday to some and happy 14th to the fantastic 4! Life goes on and on and on and is good!





Popular posts from this blog

Mindset

The World goes round & round...ORBIT

New Zip Codes