Sad Commentary

I close today with a very heavy heart. I ache for my country and all those in pain. I rage at a national leadership bereft of empathy and the minimal instincts of de escalation. May tomorrow shine its light upon a path towards love, peace, and most importantly, justice.
~
This week has not been a good one, my heart is heavy after the recent senseless death of George Floyd. And, recently Ahmaud Arbery. The entitled racist behavior of Amy Cooper...the list goes on. There have been demonstrations, both loud destructive riots and peaceful quiet protest marches (with most wearing masks because they care about each other!)-but the reality is the undercurrent of racism and hate, that our current administration has ignited, inflames and condones. 

Our country is being looted in it's heart and soul. Racism and classism have always existed, but until the last few years as a country we seemed to be evolving? Maybe not, if that sore has exploded so easily, coating us all. I don't write about politics-usually it is all about dogs, but my heart is crying. But, even as one of the entitled classes in 'Merica, I feel in danger, in danger of having Leadership that lacks empathy, and divisiveness continuing to control our country. Where is our "leader" during all of this? Golfing?

I worry how the most current events affect our children and what this shows them. I worry for those who have to consider where they take a walk, or jog, or just life in general. Why has this hate become so okay to become open? If you are gay, a person of color or anything "different" than the acceptable according to a bigoted racist (yes I know that is redundant), you are in danger. Our personal freedom is at risk. We are all at risk. You don't have to be "political" to gauge injustice. You don't have to be political to care that someone lost their life, unfairly. Having an opinion puts you at risk. If we stay silent, we are complicit. 

I watched this video after writing this yesterday morning. I often write and never hit publish. It speaks to my heart and is worth the listen.

@thedailyshow

Popular posts from this blog

Mindset

The World goes round & round...ORBIT

New Zip Codes