Birthdays and remembering...

Six years ago, I lost my Mom. I drove the 3 hour R/T daily for a month to sit with her in ICU. My ever hopeful side, willed her to recover from a traumatic brain injury. I stopped hoping after she died, my heart went numb for a long time. Ten months later I lost my Dad, an orphan suddenly. We all go through it at some point, but I wasn't ready. When we love someone, losing them shreds you.

It doesn't feel any different today, than it did 6 years ago to lose her-but maybe just a few less tears.

Today is also the 2nd birthday of my SoBright. This pup would have made my Mom laugh, after she would have commented on her lovely stifle angle and tried to convince me to "show" her. Um nope, but sports and stock yes. Bright would have loved my Mom, who would probably given her all sorts of milk bones and sugary dog treats, that I never would. Her Mama Ffire loved visiting my Mom. I remember the first real show I went to as a Junior handler, my Mom was so proud, I was terrified. I used to hold "shows" in our backyard for the neighborhood dogs. I learned how to sew and strip a Terrier's coat early on, from my Mom. My love of Dogs, comes from my Mom.

My McBrighty pants is growing up, hard to believe that she is 2! She keeps me on my toes, almost breaks my nose daily and is my first dog to razz me while we run agility together. We are becoming a team, I love her to pieces. So, June 3rd is now a day of happy remembrances. It seems fitting she was born on the day I lost my Mom, makes her even that more special to me. I don't hold onto grief, but sometimes it hits you. Then Bright bounces off my head to bring me back to the living. She might get some ice cream in her breakfast, a hike later. I wish we could take a walk on the beach, which she loves-but Covid and season restrictions, oh well. We will find some bear scat to roll in, or the murkiest mud puddle to dip in, that will make her happy. Sassy girl is earthy for sure.

So, happy day and Happy birthday to my pup and her siblings!!! Sun is out, birds are singing, it's a new day to create remembrances. Love you Mom!





Popular posts from this blog

Mindset

The World goes round & round...ORBIT

New Zip Codes